If you are an experienced Government Sales Representative, looking to sell a very exciting product line, we have an opportunity in Dayton OH for you! Our client is a well- known, successful manufacturing firm that makes technical products for a variety of industries, including the military. They have created this role due to growth. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, room for advancement and a superior team-based culture. If you have a track record of success selling technology to the Military, read on!
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Sales Manager, USA Military will be responsible for all sales functions required to achieve the goals and targets, such as implementing and executing a sales strategy, developing and communicating measurable sales goals, and successful sales of new product launches. The product is advanced precision optics soused in conjunction with firearms. The client base is the U.S. Military and their supporting contractors.
The position will outline a growth strategy by customer, by current opportunities, and high potential opportunities. Forecasting, planning and product demand will be effectively communicated. The position will also support BDT collaboration projects as required. Having a solid understanding of USA Military needs/requirements while also having an in-depth understanding of the product portfolio and product applications will be critical to the role. The Sales Manager will have a deep understanding of agency timing and deadlines ensuring presentations, proposal/quotes and training are both timely and effective. The Sales Manager, USA Military is a critical role requiring both day to day interaction and long-term strategic planning. Strong management, communication and organizational skills are required for success.
• Sales of optical targeting technology and relates solutions/services to the military. Forecast and achieve annual sales goals.
• Develop and execute sales strategy to achieve growth goals.
• Leadership and oversight of the business channel.
• Develop specific measurable sales goals for the rep groups to achieve specific sales targets and goals.
• Manage key relationships to ensure the brand is well positioned for success.
• Manage and conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations to drive sales and awareness.
• Communicate brand and sales goals both internally and externally.
• Implementation of channel specific advertising and merchandising materials.
• Provide market intelligence and competitive analysis.
• Manage Military specific trade shows and events.
• Develop new product launch strategy specific to the channel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, or marketing.
• Minimum 5 years’ sales management experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ sales position in Military and/or Government channels.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong leadership with the ability to overcome challenges as needed to achieve sales goals
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Strong knowledge of USA Military selling environments and processes
• Thorough understanding of conducting Military Government Demonstrations and working bids and sales.
• Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects effectively with limited supervision.
• Premium Optics and shooting sports knowledge required.
• Strong communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally and manage external agencies.
• Ability to travel as required, estimated 50+% of the time.
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated, committed to quality and excellence.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills required
• Possess high moral compass and integrity