AT3 Staffing is partnered with a manufacturing industry leader in search of a Quality Engineer in North Dayton Ohio. The Quality Engineer will plan and direct Quality activities related to assuring current production quality, product and supplier development, and application and maintenance of quality standards for associated processes and materials. Our client offers a great working culture and team environment as well as room for advancement.
- Works directly with suppliers on technical issues affecting the quality of their materials and related processes. Activity includes tooling capability review, process assessment, and placement/review of appropriate part and material gauging.
- Visits and confers with representatives of potential and existing material and component suppliers to review supplier quality performance requirements, setting of quality standards, and assessment of capability to meet them.
- Manages the PPAP process for their respective materials responsibility.
- Develops and initiates Production Control Plans outlining standards and methods for production and materials inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Works with engineers to develop product Quality Plans that establish and clarify quality requirements for new products being designed or in production to both prevent and/or rectify existing problems.
- Develops and deploys software, forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Evaluates the precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities. Responsible for assuring gauge calibration as assigned.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection, measuring and testing of product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Actively participates in the ISO system by preparing procedures and instructions, training on quality requirements and auditing system processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Three or more years in Quality.
- Proficiency in computing software to include at a minimum Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and related statistical packages.