One of our top clients in the Dayton OH area is in search of an Accounting Manager to lead a small team within their manufacturing facility. One of the best working cultures around as well as a strong career path and competitive compensation structure are just a few of the benefits. If you are a team player and strong accountant, and are a hands on leader, please apply today!
· Develop internal controls to ensure financial reporting is accurate and complete, and all company transactions are properly authorized.
· Manages accounting staff and provides oversight to the finance and accounting areas.
· Prepares the Company's Financial Statements and various detailed analyses.
· Assists the CFO in preparing reports, which summarize the company business activity and financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past and present operations in accordance with GAAP.
· Assist CFO in analyzing financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and preparing balance sheet and cash flow.
· Coordinate month-end close process and provide for the collection, processing and reporting of accounting data through established information systems in a timely and accurate manner.
· Assist in gathering information and answering questions during the bank, 401k and financial record audits.
· Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
· Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to CFO to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
· Coordinate all income and personal property tax compliance matters.
· Coordinate all corporate insurance activities, such as renewals, premium payments, etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL NEEDED:
· A bachelor's degree in finance or similar discipline, MBA a plus CPA certification preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of management experience in finance, preferable in a manufacturing field or similar environment, experience with a Top Tier Accounting Firm is a plus
· Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
· In-depth knowledge of GAAP.
· Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of financial management.
· Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills, which foster an atmosphere of trust, integrity and fairness as well as a sense of urgency.
· Exhibit a high level of energy, initiative, dedication, and the ability to establish focused goals and achieve timely results
· Comfortable with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, while maintaining a high level of personal discipline and integrity
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, customers, and the general public.