If you are an experienced Production Supervisor, we may have an opportunity in Dayton OH for you! Our client is a well-known, successful manufacturing firm that makes technical products for a variety of industries, including the military. They have created this role due to growth. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, room for advancement and a superior team-based culture.
The Production Supervisor is responsible to direct and coordinate all production activities on assigned lines to produce high quality products meeting business forecasts and customer requirements. The Production Supervisor will plan, coordinate, organize, and control manufacturing to ensure quality, cost and delivery. The incumbent must present a positive image of the organization while facilitating general communication and information flow to all departments regarding production needs, problems and recommended solutions.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure strict adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Prepares work schedules and gives work assignment to direct reports.
- Direct and coordinate production activities utilizing product technology, appropriate methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines, personnel and equipment.
- Assigning resources to meet production schedules based on monthly delivery objectives, ensuring cost containment in production process
- Works closely with procurement to ensure parts are available for production at the time production is scheduled.
- Works with management to establish quality standards specifications.
- Participates in the coordination of human and materials resources needed to achieve goals.
- Develops training discipline to achieve standardization / lean manufacturing disciplines.
- Reviews production schedules to determine material requirements.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating wastes and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure, operating problems or parts availability.
- Consults with engineering personnel to modify equipment or processes in order to improve production.
- Assists Quality with information about product quality issues.
Approximately 15 to 20 hourly employees, including team leaders.
Works under general supervision of the Production Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Operations Management, Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a production supervisor role preferred.
- 7 plus years of experience in a production environment,
- Prefer electro-optical or electro-mechanical experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing and techniques.
- Experience in ISO 9001:2015 Standards.
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing certifications highly desirable.
- Must have demonstrated experience leading a “traditional job-shop” environment to a disciplined lean thinking production environment.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive situations;
- Highly organized and team oriented; ability to create a cohesive team;
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical internal customers;