We’re excited to partner with one of Appleton Wisconsin's largest and most reputable employers seeking a software engineer. Our client is working to build its capabilities in software development processes, as a core competency, for arc data monitoring solutions. The solutions include a cloud-based platform, PC applications, and embedded monitoring devices. The software engineer will be a key driver of product differentiation and competitive advantages through connectivity, embedded systems, data processing, and tools. He/she will be a key contributor to the development of embedded Linux application software for New Product Development projects. This person will work collaboratively with engineering teams, marketing, and product management to develop innovative and reliable products that serve our customer needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering –
entry level with intern experience
▪ Experience with C, C++ and object-oriented coding techniques for embedded Linux
▪ Experience configuring and building Linux kernel
▪ Experience configuring and utilizing U-Boot
▪ Experience with bash shell scripts
▪ Familiarity with unit testing
▪ Familiarity with Virtual Machines
▪ Familiarity with JSON and web technologies
▪ Experience with software version control tools (e.g. Git)
▪ Familiarity with network communication stacks (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, Zigbee, Bluetooth, Wi
▪ Three (3) or more years of experience with demonstrated credibility and track record in embedded programming, to specify, architect, design, code, test, troubleshoot and support embedded applications in a team environment.
▪ Experience selecting, designing, and troubleshooting 32-bit embedded microprocessor software (e.g. state machines, low-level peripheral interfaces, embedded controls, embedded RTOSes)
▪ Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
▪ Familiarity with industrial fieldbus protocols and other serial network communications (USB, RS485, I2C, Modbus, SPI, ProfiNet, DeviceNet, CAN, etc.).
▪ Experience with Microsoft TFS/DevOps
▪ Experience with Agile or Scrum software development process in a team environment
▪ Experience with databases and languages (e.g. SQL)
▪ Understanding of electrical circuity design for both digital and analog applications and ability to understand circuit schematic drawings