We’re excited to partner with an Appleton WI based manufacturing company in search of an Embedded Software Engineer to be a key driver of connectivity, embedded controls, data processing, and tools. The software engineer will be a key contributor in the development of embedded software and controls for industrial equipment and help lead common best practices both on product development projects and initiatives designed to accelerate the New Product Development lifecycle. This person will work collaboratively with engineering teams, marketing, and product management to develop innovative and reliable products.
• Design, development, and test of embedded device software for the Industrial Equipment Division New Product Development initiatives. A critical part of this role is integrating embedded controls
• Take projects from original concept through final implementation
• Recommend and act on the analysis and solutions of problems
• Participate in software design, programming, and development of projects
• Participate in project meetings and be responsible for assigned action items
• Identify innovative patentable solutions to end market needs
• Work with electrical, power electronics, welding, and mechanical engineers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5-years of industry experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in embedded programming, including skills to specify, architect, design, code, test, troubleshoot and support embedded applications in a team environment
• Experience in selecting, designing, and troubleshooting DSP and/or microprocessor and microcontroller-based hardware to support an embedded system
• Experience with C, C++ and object-oriented coding techniques for 8 and 32-bit processors along with embedded Linux and Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
• Experience in numerous embedded controls (e.g. PID control loops, motor control, FIR and IIR
digital filters, state machines, low-level peripheral drivers, etc.)
• Familiarity with industrial fieldbus protocols and other serial network communications
(ProfiNet, Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, CAN, USB, RS485, Modbus,I2C, SPI, etc.).
• Understanding of electrical circuity design for both digital and analog applications and ability to understand circuit schematic drawings
• Proficiency with software development processes and tools such as requirements management, design modeling / UML, software architecture, IDE, source code control and configuration management, software testing, task/issue/defect tracking and review.
• This individual must be self-starter and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Familiarity with continuous integration build server technology
• Familiarity with Ethernet and wireless communications stacks is a plus (TCP/IP, UDP,
• Zigbee, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.)
• Experience in VHDL on FPGA or CPLD
• Familiarity with Agile or Scrum software development process in a team environment
• Limited travel may be required.