If you are an experienced Manufacturing Engineer, with a passion for process improvement, we have an opportunity in Dayton OH for you! Our client is a well- known, successful manufacturing firm that makes technical products for a variety of industries, including the military. They have created this role due to growth. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, room for advancement and a superior team-based culture.
Our client. designs and manufactures cutting-edge technology products that provide Military, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, and Commercial users with improved situational awareness in both day and night operations. The company’s products are grouped into four main areas: Imaging Systems, Laser Aiming Systems, Beacon Systems, and Illumination Systems.
Our client was the first company to mount aiming lasers on small arms. This technology leadership continues today. The company is headquartered in Dayton, Ohio where its products are produced, with a second location focused on research and development located in the northeast. All products proudly carry the “Made in the USA” label.
Their superior technology, performance, and support enable our users to more quickly and accurately detect, identify, and target their objectives.
We seek a motivated Manufacturing Engineer to develop and improve the manufacturing process by understanding and studying the product lines and translating this to manufacturing methods suitable for the production and operations.
- Ensures adherence to safety practice standards and policies
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors
- Focus on continuous process improvement through implementation of lean manufacturing and other operational excellence methodologies
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, standard time evaluation/creation and equipment layout
- Assists in root causes analysis of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians, supervisors, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar field of process improvement; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in a process engineering role
- Must be a change agent with demonstrated experience in a conversion of a traditional operation in manufacturing to a leaner operation
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis
- Prefer Lean and/or Six-Sigma certification
- Necessary Skills (i.e.: multi-tasking, Microsoft Office, ERP, etc.)