AT3 is partnered with a leading manufacturer north of Dayton, Ohio seeking a Quality Planning Engineer to lead a small team of Quality Technicians in new product development. This role will be responsible for coaching, leading and teaching at the early phases of the product development lifecycle. The team will manages metrology, calibrations and gauges, while utilizing GD&T for communication internally.
The primary duty of the Quality Planning Engineer is to plan and direct activities related to assuring product quality; by leading and coaching product development teams through robust development and validation processes.
- Leads appropriate advanced product quality planning (APQP) processes within the organization to assure product and process validation and verification
- Works with the product design teams to incorporate lessons learned from past performance data to prevent future occurrences (utilizing tools such as DOE, DFM, FMEAs, GD&T, process capability, 6-sigma designs, etc)
- Collaborates with the product design and manufacturing engineering departments in development of FMEAs
- Leads the development of Control Plans outlining standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation
- Drives the development and validation of gages, including gage repeatability and reproducibility studies; and leads gage calibration processes
- Leads the management and maintenance of metrology and testing equipment, ensuring sound methodologies are followed and published data is accurate and reliable
- Supports and participates in print reviews for both internal assemblies and supplied parts, actively participates in establishing practical and acceptable to both party’s part and / or assembly print dimensioning and tolerance specifications
- Collaborates with purchasing to provide required documentation to suppliers upon agreement on required deliverables
- Actively participates in the ISO system by preparing procedures and instructions, training on quality requirements and auditing system processes
- Provides direct supervision to quality technicians in the assignment of work and work schedules; responsible for performance management and compensation recommendations
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned; i.e. special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Math
- ISO9001 or TS16949 experience
- Internal auditing experience
- Proficiency in computer software to include at a minimum Microsoft Word and Excel
- ASQ certification as a Quality Engineer or Auditor