AT3 is partnered with a leading manufacturer north of Dayton, Ohio seeking a Quality Engineer to manage a small team of technicians and the audit process, working closely with customer service OEMs and customer service teams. The team is responsible for root cause analysis and investigations. Data tracking and data quality are also critical areas for this role.
The primary duty of the Quality Engineer is to plan and direct activities related to assuring product quality; through product and supplier development, and application and maintenance of quality standards.
Responsibilities of Quality Engineer:
- Leads and / or participates in problem solving activities and teams, as they relate to warranty issues
- Develops data analysis systems that allow for tracking of both warranty performance and top issues affecting product and drives resolution
- Works closely with OEM customers to drive improvements in product quality and warranty performance
- Works closely with Customer Service to understand user issues
- Manages process for in-house performance audit testing and response and actions to findings
- Develops and maintains failure mode identification flow charts / checklists
- Ensures findings from testing and tear down activities are followed up on and issues are tracked for identification of needed corrective actions and / or design changes
- Actively participates in the ISO system by preparing procedures and instructions, training on quality requirements and auditing system processes
- Provides direct supervision to quality technicians in the assignment of work and work schedules; responsible for performance management and compensation recommendations
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned; i.e. special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
Requirements of Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Math
- ISO9001 or TS16949 experience
- Internal auditing experience
- Proficiency in computer software to include at a minimum Microsoft Word and Excel
- ASQ certification as a Quality Engineer or Auditor