AT3 Staffing is excited to partner with a fast-growing graphite parts manufacturer in the Cleveland area in seeking a Director of Engineering & Quality. This company is developing cutting edge graphite products for the aerospace and automotive industries. If you’re an engineering leader with a passion for new product development, and want to work for a winner, read on.
This position is accountable for providing leadership to ensure Engineering, QA and R&D activities are consistent with company goals, objectives and policies to facilitate continuous improvement of our manufacturing processes
- Be engaged in new product development in all phases of development from voice of the customer to product launch
- Analyze market to understand trends and develop product needs and positioning
- Improving Time to Market for R&D projects,
- Provide strategic recommendations to drive the growth of product line
- Develop specific strategic approaches for Quality and EH & S
- Development, deployment and implementation of quality assurance programs
Job Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Oversees design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements new product development Projects.
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, and applicable regulatory/legal requirements and maintaining a closed loop customer complaint process
- Develop and maintain Quality Assurance goals and objectives
- Lead resolutions to quality issues relating to customers and suppliers and ensure effective corrective and preventative measures are implemented.
- Develops and implements EH & S programs as necessary to ensure compliance that meets standards required of the company.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with the General Manager and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Support of design and drafting needs for quoting and manufacturing.
- Manage Quality department personnel and the inspection of detailed machined parts and/or assemblies for conformity to design parameters and customer specifications.
- Oversight of QA audits performed by customer or third party
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing setting.
- UNDERSTANDING OF CERAMICS IMPREGNATION AND USE OF CERAMICS IN COMPOSITE MATERIALS TO INCREASE STRENGTH AND HEAT RESISTANCE strongly desired.
- Knowledge of environmental health & safety regulations.
- Knowledge of Quality systems or exposure to AS9100 standard
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite; Word, PowerPoint, Excel.