We’re working with a global fortune 500 company seeking a Parts Coordinator in Long Island City, NY. This role is a stepping stone for a career-minded individual who wants to move up quickly in a large company. Fantastic comprehensive benefits. Strong compensation. Family-friendly culture that does NOT micromanage.
The Parts Coordinator will allocate and distribute parts and materials for service repairs and customer orders, handle parts orders, including inventory control of parts and materials in stock and on order. It involves a lot of interaction with all levels of internal staff AND customers, so people skills are a must.
- Order parts for technicians and customers
- Identifying/researching parts
- Shipping and receiving
- Assisting walk in customers, and technicians
- Conduct and manage Cycle counts inventories
- Maintain inventory control system, including updating computer. Assist with audits conducted by company auditors. Requisition parts from headquarters. Follow up on purchase orders and correspondence involving back orders. Regularly update files.
- Receive parts from HQ. Verify packing slips, match parts invoices with purchase orders and packing slips. Process Return Apparatus Tags involving warranty claims. Verify Warranty and Maintenance automatic scale/wrapper credits.
- Assist with replenishment of truck inventories and handle parts transfers to other branches. Follow up on all pending credits and handle over-the-counter parts sales to walk-in customers.
- Stocking and pulling parts and processing parts mail orders from customers.
- Hours are M-F, 8-5. Minimal weekend or evening work expected.
- Candidates must be local to the area. No relocation assistance provided.
- Accredited High School diploma, Business or trade school or GED
- 0-2 years Parts or clerical experience which includes any or all-of the following: Ordering, shipping, any receiving, parts sales and inventory control.
- Strong customer service skills a must. Somebody with strong communication skills, outgoing and friendly.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office products excel, Word, Outlook
Stop working a JOB! Start building a CAREER . Apply today!