Senior Financial Analyst
AT3 is partnered with a leading biomedical manufacturer in Southeastern Ohio in search of a Financial Analyst to provide support to the Accounting/ Finance department. The SFA will be responsible for handling accounts receivable (AR), cost accounting functions, month end closing, balance sheet reconciliation, and other assigned accounting duties and functions.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Accounts Receivable (≈20%)
- Maintain Customer credit limits in financial software
- Provide information to Customers to be set up as a new vendor
- Work with Sales and Customers to resolve billing issues
- Facilitate the prompt payment of AR
- Process Customer credit card payments
- Process wires and ACH payments received through bank
- Process checks and make electronic bank deposits daily
- Apply payments to AR daily
- Prepare weekly AR collections forecast
- Monitor accounting Inbox and respond to Customer requests daily
- Cost Accounting (≈10%)
- Work with ERP system (Infor Cloud Suite Industrial)
- Conduct studies that provide detailed cost information
- Collect data from multiple sources and compute the cost of business activity
- Analyze data obtained and organize results into management reports using standard spreadsheets or database software programs
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Other Duties (≈70%)
- Assist with annual company budget development and analysis
- Assist with monthly financial forecasts and analysis
- Generate monthly Actual vs. Budget reports
- Review Actual vs Budget variances with Departmental leadership
- Reconcile checking and reserve account weekly
- Assist with month and year end closing
- Assist with annual audit
- Cross train with Accounts Payable to provide support for all AP functions
- Assist with Fixed Asset tracking and recording
- Other duties assigned by management
- Must have knowledge and experience with accounting principles and procedures
- Must have knowledge of cost accounting practices and procedures
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with accounts receivable and payable
- Must have strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Must have experience handling confidential information
- Must have experience working in a professional environment
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must be able to concentrate in a busy work environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. from floor to waist occasionally
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3 year of intermediate to advanced experience in financial analysis and budgeting
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- More than 3 year of intermediate to advanced experience in financial analysis, and budgeting
- Manufacturing accounting experience, specifically working with a tier 3 ERP system