AT3 is partnered with a leading biomedical manufacturer in Southeastern Ohio in search of an Engineering Technician to assist and observe the engineering department during the design, development, and refining of production process and equipment used to manufacture the company’s products.
Specific Responsibilities / Job Duties:
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Support designers and engineer’s daily tasks; Design, develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing equipment and processes consistent with lean manufacturing practices
- Understand all process and test requirements including the capability of processes and equipment
- Perform root cause and failure analysis as required
- Participate in cost-down activities
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrate ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stack up’s in assemblies by applying Six Sigma design and development strategies.
- Conduct experiments as instructed by engineering.
- Understand application of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R)
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and facilitate manufacturability
- Provides engineers/designers with summary reports detailing daily tasks on a weekly basis
- Assemble fixtures and jigs used in manufacturing environment.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings, understand notes, call-outs, regular and geometric tolerances. Reference ASME Y14.5-2009
• Should be able to utilize MS Excel and Word in order to document experiment results and organize data.
• Should have good communication skills, maintaining cooperative
relationship with team members.
• Must be organized and be able to multi-task.
• Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper
• Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate tools and parts.
• 2-year Associates degree is required.
- 2 years’ experience as engineering support/technician in a manufacturing.
• A 4-year Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Five or more years in an engineering role will
be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
• 3 years or more experience as engineering support/technician in a manufacturing