AT3 Staffing is excited to partner with a long standing manufacturing company in the Dayton OH area, in search of a Director of Engineering. Our client offers a collaborative working culture, good reputation and competitive compensation structure.
Summary of Director of Engineering:
The Director of Engineering will lead the development of new products, and collaborate with the leadership team on strategy and execution to achieve company objectives. The Director of Engineering will represent the company at trade associations, provide leadership with new technology and functional product trends and capabilities. Interface and build relationships with select Corporate Account technology leaders in order to understand customer direction and needs. Develop budget and manage monthly expenses to budgeted spending levels.
The Director of Engineering will have direct management of Engineers, Designers, and Engineering Support for new and existing products while focusing on continuous improvements of current products, new product development and supporting existing systems. Maintains product conformity to FDA, AAMI and CMS standards and requirements.
Essential Functions of Director of Engineering:
· Lead design and development of new/modified designs of new products
· Oversee new product development from initial design to hand off to production
· Direct resources to provide support and enhancement for sales, production and technical support teams
· Create and maintain schedule for the engineering team prioritizing projects to ensure timely completion
· Administer management policies and directives, train and evaluate subordinate staff
· Maintain proper engineering practices in accordance to ISO, FDA requirements
· Member of executive team, provide thought leadership and management support
Requirements of Director of Engineering:
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering
· 7+ years of experience, including new product development and management of engineers
· FDA, medical device, and/or pneumatics engineering experience
· Collaborative and hands on