AT3 Staffing is excited to partner with a state-of-the-art discrete manufacturer in the Dayton OH area, in search of a Director of Engineering. They’re aggressively investing in product development, machinery, facilities and people. Their products are very unique-water filtration systems for both the medical and industrial marketplaces. If you’re a visionary engineering leader looking to shape a company and expand your skills, read on!
Summary of Director of Engineering:
The Director of Engineering will lead the development of new products and collaborate with the leadership team on strategy and execution. He/she will represent the company at trade associations, provide leadership with new technology and functional product trends and capabilities. Interface and build relationships with select technology leaders in order to understand customer needs. Develop budget and manage monthly expenses to budgeted spending levels.
The Director of Engineering will have direct management of Engineers, Designers, and Engineering Support for new and existing products while focusing on continuous improvements of current products, new product development and supporting existing systems. Maintains product conformity to FDA, AAMI and CMS standards and requirements.
Responsibilities of Director of Engineering:
Requirements of Director of Engineering:
- Lead design and development of new/modified designs of new products
- Oversee new product development from initial design to hand off to production
- Direct resources to provide support and enhancement for sales, production and technical support teams
- Create and maintain schedule for the engineering team prioritizing projects
- Maintain proper engineering practices in accordance to ISO, FDA requirements
- Member of executive team, provide thought leadership and management support
- 7+ years of experience engineering management experience
- Proven background leading new product development efforts.
- Water filtration, FDA, medical device, and/or pneumatics engineering experience needed.
- Collaborative and hands on leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Willingness to live and work just north of Dayton Ohio. Local candidates strongly preferred unless applicant has unique industrial water filtration engineering management experience.
- Must be eligible to work within the U.S. Unfortunately, our client cannot sponsor visas at this time.