We are partnered with an industry leading biomedical device company in Cincinnati, in business for 75+ years, in search of a Continuous Improvement engineer to add to their growing team. Our client has a fantastic culture, team environment and competitive compensation package!
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as Project Manager for business unit cost improvement initiatives related to the cost of goods sold including raw materials, sourced products/components, manufacturing and other supply chain-related costs.
- Implements, prepares reports on, and presents operations results and metrics compared to objectives
- Partners with Leadership Team to optimize operations and ensure linkage to business unit financial goals
- Researches systems and processes, and develops analysis and recommendations to implement tools, processes and infrastructures to achieve best practices and optimize operational efficiencies.
- Assists in identifying and developing projects to meet business objectives
- Leads Kaizen events on shop floor
- Assists with FDA compliance in manufacturing including CAPA and Production & Process Controls
- May assist in shop floor layout and manufacturing process design
- May assist or lead with development of pFMEA documents
- May assist in troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in engineering or other technical field
- Previous experience as a project manager or engineer, leading cross functional teams to meet key business objectives
- Previous experience implementing lean manufacturing initiatives
- Six Sigma green or black belt preferred
- Willingness to travel as needed (domestic and abroad)