We are partnered with an industry leading biomedical device company in Cincinnati, in business for 75+ years, in search of a Biomedical Engineer to add to their engineering team. We are looking for a hands-on engineer who will work on new product development and other strategic initiatives. Our client has a fantastic culture, team environment and competitive compensation package! People love working there.
The Biomedical Engineer manages and executes product development and manufacturing related projects, ensures that products and documentation comply with customer and regulatory requirements, provides technical support to all internal and external customers.If you have practical design experience with a medical device company, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow in a state-of-the-art environment.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures that product designs are properly implemented by manufacturing personnel
- Assures that product design meet UL, CE, and FDA requirements, as well as all international regulatory requirements
- Responsible for creating/maintaining product’s design history files
- Provides engineering support to assure that ongoing sustaining engineering needs for manufacturing are met
- Provides process/tooling design support to ensure high quality, cost effective product manufacturing
- Supports the analysis of customer complaint data with the Quality Department to ensure that product design improvements are properly considered
- Provides engineering support for technical service, customer service, and sales & marketing
- Provides engineering support for international device registration
- Implements product improvement projects
- Resolves customer, production and supplier related issues
- Authors test protocols and test reports, as well as execution of the test
- Executes new product / process development projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years product engineering/product development background in the medical device field
- Must have practical experience designing product for a medical device company
- Local to Cincinnati or Dayton. Client cannot assist with relocation.
- Knowledge of UL, CE, and FDA requirements
- Background in Provides process/tooling design support