One of our top manufacturing clients south of Washington Courthouse, Ohio is in search of a new EHS Coordinator to add to their manufacturing team. This company is well-established (50+ years old), LARGE (fortune 200!) and growing. They have low turnover, and promote from within...offering countless advancement and learning opportunities.
In this position, the EHS Coordinator will work closely with plant management to lead EHS and safety initiatives and manage risk in the manufacturing plant.
The EHS Coordinator will be a key member of the manufacturing leadership team by continuously improving the EHS culture including safety, environmental protection, property protection, and process safety in assembly/manufacturing environments.
Our client offers a fantastic working culture, competitive compensation package and room for growth.
Responsibilities of EHS Coordinator:
· Ensure required records, permits, and reports are maintained and prepared according to guidelines established by the company and local, state and federal agencies.
· Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and company policies by reviewing and updating programs, staying abreast of regulatory changes and performing internal audits to validate proper procedures are successfully in place.
· Responsible for planning, tracking, and conducting all EHS-related training.
· Profile waste streams, maintain manifests, and compile environmental reporting and coordinate the handling/ removal of hazardous materials and waste.
· Implement, administer and advise the business on hazard control programs. Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs and coordinate activities to ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
· Direct investigation and assessment of work-related injuries, illnesses, and near-misses and respond to day-to-day employee concerns in a timely manner.
Requirements of EHS Coordinator:
· Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety/ Environmental or closely related field.
· 2+ years EHS-related work experience.
· Strong communication skills including strong interpersonal skills to work in a team-oriented environment.
· Must be knowledgeable with OSHA, EPA and other regulations including process safety, emergency response, hazardous materials transportation, air permitting, water permitting, NFPA code, fire code, ergonomics, and worker’s compensation.
· Working knowledge of general construction, permitting, HVAC systems, compressor systems and other facility support functions.
· Must have great attention to detail, be well organized, and be able to solve problems while independently managing time to complete multiple tasks by required deadlines.
· Certifications in Health and Safety or equivalent, First Aid, CPR & AED, 30-hr OSHA, CSP.
If you're passionate about environmental health and safety, apply today!