We are excited to partner with an industry leading manufacturing company south of Chicago IL in search of a Manufacturing Engineer to add to their team. This individual will be responsible for implementing manufacturing and facility improvements to include assembly processes, tooling/fixturing and plant layout. The ideal candidate will be an engaged problem solver, have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and have a basic understanding of lean manufacturing. Our client offers a strong compensation package, a fantastic culture and room for advancement.
Responsibilities of Manufacturing Engineer:
· Improve manufacturing safety and efficiency by analyzing production requirements and planning work flow, space requirements, manufacturing processes and equipment layout.
· Overall facility condition and maintenance including coordinating equipment and facility preventative maintenance programs and requesting special service vendors.
· Technical support for plant layout, purchase of equipment, upgrade of equipment, feasibility studies and assist with capital procurement projects including conferring with equipment vendors.
· Manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs, reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements.
· Manufacturing support for new product launches including tooling documentation, work instruction creation, and gauging implementation. Evaluate manufacturing methods for assembly, tooling, and materials including interacting and soliciting observations from plant operators.
· Design manufacturing process tooling, fixtures and gages.
· Maintain and update work instructions to optimize quality, consistency, & productivity. Work with production supervisors and production support to develop employee training material.
Experience Required for Manufacturing Engineer:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus 5 or more years of relevant experience.
· Experience in assembly environment and plant layout desired
· Ability to work well independently and in a team setting, particularly as part of a cross functional team.
· Proven project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize projects.
· Excellent analytical abilities and problem-solving capabilities including expertise to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data, summarize findings, develop conclusions, and make recommendations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong computer skills including MS Office, and 2D & 3D CAD (SolidWorks and Solid Edge CAD software experience preferred)