AT3 Staffing is partnered with an industry leading manufacturing company in the Green Bay/Appleton WI area in search of a Senior Controls Engineer to add to their team. This is a newly created role due to growth, and will support cutting edge technology advances, R&D efforts, research, and new product development for engineering. Our client offers a phenomenal working culture, room for advancement and a very competitive compensation package. A full relocation package will also be offered for out of state candidates.
· Establish controls architectures for a variety of welding equipment platforms.
· Model and derive transfer functions (Laplace and Z-domain) for power conversion control, wire feed motor control and various weld process controls
· Design PID, LEAD/LAG and other forms of compensators to meet steady state and dynamic requirements
· Work closely with power conversion and software engineers to validate control loop performance and stability. Develop simulation models correlating with measured results.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of experience.
· Experience designing control systems for power conversion equipment
· Experience designing control systems for brushed and brushless DC motors
· Experience with Z-transforms using backward, forward and trapezoidal approximation rules
· Experience with analog signal conditioning and digital sampling requirements
· Knowledgeable of digital signal processing and filter design (FIR, IIR, Kalman, etc.)
· Knowledgeable on modern, classic and state variable feedback techniques
· Knowledgeable on tools and techniques for control loop stability analysis (analog and digital)