AT3 Staffing is partnered with an industry leading distributor headquartered in the Midwest, in search of a General Manager for a location in Hartford CT. Our client has a great reputation, culture and offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, and full benefits.
The General Manager will be responsible for driving the overall performance of the Branch office, responding to customer needs and overall satisfaction. This performance also includes oversight of administrative personnel and service technicians. The General Manager is personally responsible for selling service products in the territory, developing and maintaining customer relationships, and accountability for full P&L.
Responsibilities of General Manager:
Requirements of General Manager:
- Drive service business growth & profitability including full management of P&L
- Build permanent relationships with key customers including end users, dealers and sales reps to insure their satisfaction with installed products and promote future products and service.
- Build working relationships with sales representatives to ensure the total needs of the customer are being met
- Understand the dynamics of the local service market and position the Branch to compete effectively (e.g. competitive labor rates, promotions etc.)
- Track and improve customer satisfaction with Branch service through parts availability, response time, first call completion, customer complaint resolution, etc.
- Develop annual budget and operating plan for Branch
- Establish systems and procedures to deal with local service priorities
- Takes corrective action on any variance to established procedures
- Selects, trains and manages all personnel
- Executes policies and procedures relative to managing service parts inventory and all other assets in the Branch office.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years demonstrated proficiency in a supervisor/sales role in a service/sales related business.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- PC proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- P&L experience