AT3 Staffing is partnered with a phenomenal company located north of Dayton in search of Lead Engineer to add to their team. The role has been added to the engineering team due to company growth and our client offers a fantastic culture, career path, and very competitive compensation package.
The primary duty of the Lead Engineer is to lead product development and/or improvement from initial concept through production.
- Provides employee training and technical supervision. Organizes, delegates (assesses team members and delegates tasks to capable individuals with follow up and mentorship for less experienced members) and monitors tasks given to engineers and designers. Provides feedback to Engineering Manager on performance of engineers and designers
- May have responsibility for specialized technical areas (i.e. CAE Administration, Agency Liaison, Lab, Prototype Area, Electro-mechanical, Cooling unit etc.)
- Conducts feasibility studies, determines manpower and cost estimates and develops engineering criteria.
- Performs analysis to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Leads interaction with other functions and internal or external customer requirements.
- Develops and defines product specifications and performance requirements to determine product design.
- Provides technical information concerning materials, properties and performance that affect product engineering planning.
- Evaluates proposed product modification proposals for feasibility by conferring with supporting departments.
- Plans and formulates engineering projects based on cost and time target requirements.
- Prepares or supervises the development of bill of materials and associated part and tool cost for assigned projects.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications; directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product and assembly; plans and develops experimental test programs and then analyzes and uses the test data to drive appropriate changes.
- Coordinates activities for implementation of approved engineering changes.
- Directs the use and analyzes the results of computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Four year Engineering, Technical or Scientific degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in product development and engineering support of mechanical and electromechanical components and their integration into a final product assembly
- Increasing responsibility with technical projects of mechanical and electromechanical components and their integration into a final product assembly
- Increasing responsibility with technical projects
- Project management
- Creo or other CAD equivalent package knowledge
- Finite Element Analysis
- Heat transfer and thermodynamics knowledge
- DFMEA, DVP&R, 8D Problem Solving, DOE, Blackbelt
- Refrigeration experience
- Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) knowledge
- MS Project