We have a new Senior Buyer opportunity in the Dayton OH area with a leading manufacturing and assembly company with a long standing reputation. The Senior Buyer will support indirect and direct materials, supplies and services for plant operations and with the manufacturing plant to identify and implement cost saving initiatives while meeting quality requirements for all purchases. He/she will also identify short and long term cost saving initiatives to ensure the continued success and growth of the company.
Our client offers a fantastic culture, strong leadership team and a strong compensation package with full benefits.
· Interface with cross-functional teams to determine business requirements and perform market research identifying potential suppliers and services that meet business requirements.
· Analyze changing trends in pricing and availability and recommend necessary action to ensure continuity of availability.
· Create and issue Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) per business requirements and company’s policies and procedures.
· Recommend cost savings proposals including alternative suppliers and materials to support annual cost savings target.
· Develop Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) baselines for materials, supplies and services.
· Analyze RFP’s and quotations including supplier evaluations as it relates to capabilities, expertise, quality of products and services and other strategic factors. Review of contractual commercial terms against business requirements. Supplier site visits as necessary.
· Support sourcing strategies and assist in supplier negotiations obtaining quality products and services at a competitive price.
· Maintain and strengthen business relationships, internally and externally to align sourcing strategies to meet business requirements.
Qualifications Required for Senior Buyer:
· Bachelors Degree in business related area or equivalent preferred.
· 5+ years of purchasing experience in manufacturing environment.
· ERP experience
· Proficient in MS Office: Word and PowerPoint required. Advance skills in Excel required.
· Proven strong communication, negotiation, analytical and project management skills required.
· Proven record of achieving annual cost reduction savings and working productively in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a fast paced environment.