We are excited to partner with a stable consulting firm in Dayton OH that provides Operational Improvement, Supply Chain and Project Management services to manufacturing and distribution companies. They are seeking a Manufacturing Consultant to add to their team. Our client is staffed with engineers and business professionals that work with clients to implement measurable and sustainable change within their organization. Their clients are medium to large size multi-nationals and our work is performed at their manufacturing site.
This position is full-time and at least forty hours per week. The position requires both international and domestic travel to client sites throughout the United States for approximately 42 weeks per year.
Job duties will include:
- Identifying and / or understanding opportunities for improvement as determined by an operational assessment or client directive.
- Developing detailed project plans inclusive of the following business functions: production planning & scheduling, production control, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flows in order to effectively manage industrial and distribution process improvement.
- Developing and implementing metrics to insure fulfillment of client objectives and expectations, conferring with clients and staff members to insure efficient production methods and considering different alternatives, expected outcomes and implementation strategies, evaluating production times, costs and staffing issues in order to provide information for management decisions.
- Interacting with a diverse customer base and individuals within the organization from leadership and management to process owners and employees to implement the agreed to and required changes.
- Ability to show demonstrated progress and improvement as determined by an agreed to project scope and timeline.
- Ability to generate additional client opportunities based on successful project delivery and identification of add-on opportunities.
- The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on corporate projects involving process improvement, improved inventory management, quality control, logistics and material flow, and labor optimization.
- Practical understanding of lean manufacturing tools and techniques, 6 sigma, and total quality management is required.
- Strong presentation and computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated history of implementing improvement projects.
- Percentage travel: > 90% Travel
Consultants are deployed to remote locations around the country where they remain until projects are complete, so travel is extensive. Would prefer candidates to permanently reside anywhere within 100 miles of Dayton, OH.
Client is not able to Sponsor VISAS at this time.