Are you a talented Industrial Maintenance Technician looking that enjoys working in a fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment? Do you want to work for a company that is well respected and been in business for over 40 years? If this sounds like a position for you, please APPLY! If not, please share with someone that could be interested!
The Industrial Maintenance Technician
installs, troubleshoots, and repairs complex mechanical equipment and distribution systems involving work of a varied nature with a minimum supervision. This person will perform preventative maintenance on production and operations equipment.
- Diagnose trouble, plan and perform all mechanical operations necessary to modify, dismantle, repair, overhaul, and rebuild all types of very difficult and complicated production, plant machinery and equipment.
- Competently operate small cranes, telehandlers, forklifts, aerial lifts, and various construction equipment,
- Develop and interpret mechanical requirements and calculate necessary dimensions.
- Improvise expedients in emergency repairs.
- Install, troubleshoot or repair fans, elec. motors, pulleys, belts, conveyors, augers etc.
- Erect or repair steel structures and vessels.
- Rework and rebuild hydraulic systems as required.
- Make initial run on new or repaired equipment to ensure satisfactory performance.
- Obtain and/or return tools, equipment, and supplies used on jobs.
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Instruct and guide underclassman and apprentices.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds or aerial lifts up to sixty feet when required.
- Work from samples prints, sketches, specifications, and written or verbal instructions.
- Works independently with minimum to no supervision.
- Able to manage a small to medium crew in completing installations, repairs, or preventative maintenance.
- Carry and lift loads between fifty and a hundred pounds.
- Knows location and functionality of all production equipment applicable to his/her department.
- Knows location of all shop equipment and tools.
- Possess basic hand tools and skillfully utilize those tools
- Able to start, run and stop complex equipment.
- Able to weld, torch cut, and fabricate.
- Must be able to manually lift 50# on intermittently. Heavier loads will be handled using other methods.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required; Associate Degree or Trade School or above preferred
- Minimum seven years in maintenance field or other related trade/craft.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical practices and welding practices.