The Segment Manager will play a key role understanding customer needs, derived through market segmentation strategies. This individual will be responsible for the delivering strategic growth plans for specific market segments based on market trends and end-user needs developed thru a deep understanding of the end-user’s business. This person will work closely with relevant sales management and key account managers that are managing accounts in the segment as well as work closely with other divisions that have applicable value propositions in the assigned segment.
· Lead the profit and loss responsibility for a key business segment within the division.
· Develop a go to market strategy & execute on the tactical plan.
· Execute Voice of the Customer interviews, and develop key findings and themes based on these to identify business opportunities and define value proposition.
· Analyze industry trends, customer activity and product applications to determine sales and profit potential and understand opportunities resulting from changing conditions.
· Analyze market data, including product specific sales, overall sales volume, demographics, and competitive product releases and pricing strategies for product lines and recommend marketing objectives. Participates in the development and generation of marketing reports as they pertain to the Segment.
· Create programs to inform and support distributors, sales force, and end-users & drive revenue.
· Collaborate across the welding organization with peer marketing leaders to foster consistent marketing strategies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field required; MBA is preferred.
· Minimum of 7-10 years of business experience with 5 years with progressive responsibility in sales and/or marketing leadership roles preferably in B2B.
· Demonstrated experience in synthesizing market data, influencing and aligning the organization under a unified business strategy, and driving a go-to-market strategy.
· Demonstrated ability to express and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Demonstrated track record of driving organic growth.
· Experience working collaboratively with diverse teams and providing influential leadership.