Are you a talented Instrumentation/Electrical Technician looking that enjoys working in a fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment? Do you want to work for a company that is well respected and been in business for over 40 years? If this sounds like a position for you, please APPLY! If not, please share with someone that could be interested!
The Instrumentation/Electrical Technician
will Install, troubleshoot, fixtures, circuit breakers, fuses, relays, starters, overload motors, disconnects, resistors, capacitors, and transistors. Set up and program PLC and VFD and all drives. Read and wire electrical schematics/diagrams and troubleshoot circuits and controls. Able to work with minimum supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Install, troubleshoot, fixtures, circuit breakers, fuses, relays, starters, overload motors, disconnects, resistors, capacitors, and transistors. Set up and program PLC and VFD and all drives. Read and wire electrical schematics/diagrams and troubleshoot circuits and controls. Able to work with minimum supervision.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficient in the knowledge of fixtures, wiring in series, parallel and controlled, such as circuit breakers, fuses, relays, outlets, starters, overloads, and motors
- Required to be proficient in the knowledge of wiring diagrams, and understand the size of disconnects, resistors, capacitors, and transistors.
- Fluent in NEC (National Electrical Codes).
- Required to have the knowledge to decipher the type of wire and gauge of the wire.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot all types of electrical circuit breaker and relays, equipment, and controls. Needs to be proficient in the ability to arrange, and install them in a way that ensures safe and proper operation.
- Able to rearrange old or install new outlets, relays, switches, and light fixtures existing systems, and the ability to test circuits to see if they are complete after making the repairs or installation.
- Required to have knowledge on how to properly remove and replace fixtures. Also being proficient to make the necessary repairs such as tightening connections, along with wrapping exposed wire with insulated tape, and soldering loose wire leads to the contact point.
- Competently operate small cranes, telehandlers, forklifts, aerial lift, and various construction equipment.
- Read electrical schematics i.e. blueprints, for motors and various type of drives.
- Be proficient in the ability to measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit to the specified lengths and angles required for each individual job safely and effectively.
- Must have the ability to use hand tools and portable power tools i.e. a drill, motor, and portable band saw. Must have knowledge of such tools as cable pullers, hydraulic benders, and a pipe threading machines. Proficient with basic electrician tools such as megger, mulitmeter, and recording ampmeter.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent, higher education preferred and 7 years in the electrical field or other related trade/craft.
- Excellent understanding of typical electrical practices.
- Experience using tools required to perform job functions.
- Able to lead small crew and keep them task oriented.
- Able to start, run and stop complex equipment.
- Must be able to manually lift 50# on intermittently. Heavier loads will be handled using other methods.