The Embedded Software Engineering Manager will manage and lead the Software Engineering team; developing solid software architectures and drive best practices for modular, reusable, testable, and reliable code for value added products supporting key growth opportunities. In addition to providing functional leadership to the software engineering staff, this individual will act as a technical contributor on key development initiatives to augment the efforts of the technical staff and accelerate project timelines.
· Own full management responsibility for the team with oversight of goals and objectives, performance reviews and talent management.
· Understand the division segmentation of market segments, key pains and pervasive trends which may affect product software architecture and product roadmaps.
· Work closely with the division Market Segment and Project Managers to assist in the creation of project engineering specification, engineering budget, and project timeline.
· Provide effective alignment of Software Engineering resources based on the needed skill set to meet new product development project requirements.
· On a 20% basis, provide technical contribution to new product development projects in a software engineering capacity.
· Collaborate with key team members to drive consistency in software architecture, development strategies, and reusable code for new product development projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer, Software or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in embedded software development in a technical leadership capacity.
· Working knowledge of embedded system development, including ability to specify, architect, design, code, test, troubleshoot, and support applications in a team environment.
· Experience with C, C++ and object-oriented coding techniques for resource limited embedded applications along with embedded Linux and Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
· Experience selecting, designing, and troubleshooting microcontrollers and/or DSP based embedded hardware.
· Experience with serial communication and industrial fieldbus protocols such as Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, ProfiNet, Modbus, RS485, CAN, USB, etc.
· Familiarity with Ethernet and wireless communication stacks is a plus (TCP/IP, UDP, Zigbee, Bluetooth, Wifi, etc.)
· Experience with unit and system level software test planning and execution.
- Knowledge of software defect tracking and version control tools coupled with experience planning and prioritizing change requests.
· A proven track-record of successfully delivering project results in an efficient and timely manner.
· Experience in engineering management with proven skills in personnel management of technical resources.
· Experience specifying, integrating, and maintaining 3rd
· Candidate must be an aggressive self-starter and have excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, and interpersonal skills, and be a highly motivated team player with a positive attitude.